Terms of Service
Your use of the Services is also subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies that we separately post on the Services (“Supplemental Terms”) which are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
WF reserves the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement or any applicable Supplemental Terms on the applicable Services. You should regularly review this Agreement, as your continued use of the Services after any such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
- Description of Services. The Services are a subscription home maintenance service for home owners and other consumers (collectively, “Consumers”)who pay a monthly fee for unlimited service requests (“Service Requests”) to work with WF contractors in their local area (collectively “Contractors”) that offer home improvement, repair, maintenance, or other services in the areas of plumbing, carpentry and electricity. We match Service Requests to Contractors either directly or through our business relationships with third-party operators of contractor networks (“Contractor Networks”) based on Contractor business types, the Consumer’s description of desired work or products and the geographic location of the Consumer and Contractors. All cost for parts are separate from the monthly service fee and will be paid for when services are provided. If work is needed outside the scope of the Service Request, additional fees may apply. WF has the right to turn down Service Requests at any time for whatever reason.
1.1. No Guarantees or Endorsements. We make no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, legality, or accuracy of any interactions between Contractors, Contractor Networks, and Consumers, whether online or offline. We do not inspect, warrant, represent, or endorse any Contractors or Contractor Networks. When interacting with Contractors, Contractor Networks, or Consumers, you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons whom you don’t know.
1.2. Release from Damages or Claims Related to Contractor or Contractor Network Services. If you have a dispute with a Contractor or Contractor Network, including without limitation, disputes regarding the fees charged or quality of the work performed, you agree, to address such dispute with the applicable Contractor or Contractor Network directly. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE WF, ITS CORPORATE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH (COLLECTIVELY, THE “WF PARTIES”) FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OF EVERY KIND OR NATURE, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. THE WF PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY CONTRACTOR, CONTRACT NETWORK OPERATOR, OR CONSUMER.
- Information Consumers Provide to Us.
2.2. Consent to Call Recordings. You acknowledge and agree that WF may monitor and/or record any telephone calls between you and WF.
- Indemnification for Knowing Entry of False Information. TO KNOWINGLY INPUT FALSE INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NAME, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS OR E-MAIL ADDRESS, IS A VERY SERIOUS AND FRAUDULENT MATTER THAT COULD EXPOSE OUR COMPANY AND THE CONTRACTORS AND/OR CONTRACTOR NETWORKS THAT RESPOND TO YOUR SERVICE REQUEST TO SIGNFICANT COSTS AND EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, FORFEITURES AND STATUTORY DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY “LOSSES”). ACCORDINGLY, WITHOUT LIMITING, AND IN ADDITION TO, THE INDEMNIFICATION RIGHTS CREATED BY SECTION 7, IF YOU KNOWINGLY INPUT FALSE INFORMATION IN A SERVICE REQUEST, YOU AGREE TO FULLY INDEMNIFY AND BE LIABLE TO THE WF PARTIES AND EACH APPLICABLE CONTRACTOR NETWORK AND CONTRACTOR WHO ACCEPTS YOUR SERVICE REQUEST FOR ALL THEIR RELATED LOSSES. YOU AGREE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION WILL SURVIVE ANY EXPIRATION OR TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES.
- Feedback. You agree that your submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to WF (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that WF has no obligations with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to WF the right to use any Feedback in any way at any time without any additional approval or compensation.
- Ownership of and License to Use WF Intellectual Property.
5.1. Use of the Services. WF and its suppliers own all rights, title, and interest in the Services. The Services are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. Subject to this Agreement, (i) if you are a Consumer, WF grants you a limited license to use the Services solely for your personal non-commercial purposes or (ii) if you are a Contractor, WF grants you a limited license to use the Services solely for the purposes of using the features of the Service that we market for the use of Contractors. Any future release, update or other addition to the Services shall be subject to this Agreement. WF, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
5.2. Trademarks. WF’s stylized name and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of WF (or its licensors) and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Services are the property of their respective owners. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright notice, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
5.3. Restrictions on Use of Services. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Services or any portion of the Services except as permitted herein; (b) you shall not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or Services (including images, text, page layout or form) of WF; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using WF’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from the Services (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access the Services to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Services; (i) you shall not interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services or use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement; and (j) you shall not attempt to harm our Services, including but not limited to, by violating or attempting to violate any related security features, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into the Services, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of the Services by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing”, or “crashing” the Services. Any unauthorized use of the Services terminates the licenses granted by WF pursuant to this Agreement.
- Third-Party Links. The Services may contain links to third-party services such as third-party websites, applications, or ads (“Third-Party Links”). When you click on such a link, we will not warn you that you have left the Services. WF does not control and is not responsible for Third-Party Links. WF provides these Third-Party Links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to them, or any content, products or services accessible through such links. Your use of all Third-Party Links is at your own risk.
- Indemnification for Misuse. You agree to indemnify and hold the WF Parties harmless from any damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any claims concerning: (a) your misuse of the Services; (b) your violation of this Agreement; (c) your violation of any rights of another party, including any Contractors or Consumers; or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules, or regulations. WF reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with WF in asserting any available defenses. This provision does not require you to indemnify any of the WF Parties for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s negligence, fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of this Agreement or your access to the Services.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WF PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. WF PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR CONDITION THAT: (1) THE SERVICES OR ANY PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR (2) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
THE ARTICLES AND OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT WF IS NOT ENGAGED IN RENDERING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE AND SUCH CONTENT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. IF YOU RELY ON ANY SUCH CONTENT, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH CONTENT.
- Limitation of Liability.
9.1. Disclaimer of Certain Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BYAPPLICABLE LAW, THE WF PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOST REVENUE, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WHETHER OR NOT WF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9.2. Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE AMOUNT THAT THE WF PARTIES ARE LIABLE TO YOU EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE OR REGULATION UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES, OR (B) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE FOREGOING CAP ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A WF PARTY FOR DEATH, TANGIBLE PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A WF PARTY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OR FOR ANY INJURY CAUSED BY AN WF PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
9.3. Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN WF AND YOU.
- Term; Termination. A Customer will sign up for a year of Services which can be renewed by the Customer at the end of each year. At its sole discretion, WF may modify or discontinue the Services, or may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to the Services, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Services, WF reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, or injunctive redress.
- International Users. The Services are controlled and offered by WF from its facilities in the United States of America. WF makes no representations that the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate most disputes with the WF Parties and limits the manner in which you can seek relief.
12.1. Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute between you and the WF Parties relating in any way to the Services, your Service Request(s), our advertising or marketing practices or this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims otherwise qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) you or WF may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the Effective Date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement.
IF YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATION WITH WF, YOU ARE AGREEING IN ADVANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SEEK TO RECOVER MONETARY OR OTHER RELIEF IN ANY LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST US OR ANY OTHER WF PARTY ALLEGING CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. INSTEAD, BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU MAY BRING COVERED CLAIMS AGAINST THE WF PARTIES ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. IF SUCCESSFUL ON SUCH CLAIMS, YOU COULD BE AWARDED MONEY OR OTHER RELIEF BY AN ARBITRATOR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING WHETHER TO ACCEPT THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
12.2. Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to WE FIX [NEED ADDRESS]. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims with an amount in controversy under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’ most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration; all other claims shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and you cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, WF will pay them for you. In addition, WF will reimburse all such JAMS’ filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees for claims with an amount in controversy totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
12.3. Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the WF Parties. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other proceedings or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim or dispute. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and this Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which any award (or decision not to render an award) is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator shall follow the applicable law. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
12.4. Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND WF HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT (OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS PERMITTED HEREIN) AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and WF are instead electing that all covered claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in section 12.1 above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
12.5. Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS, COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE FOR CLAIMS COVERED BY THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, in the event that this section 12.5 is deemed invalid or unenforceable with respect to a particular claim or dispute, neither you nor we shall be entitled to arbitration of such claim or dispute and instead the applicable claim or dispute shall be resolved in a court as set forth in section 13.5.
12.6. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending a timely written notice of your decision to opt out to the following email to email@example.com within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have with us, or may enter into in the future with us.
12.7. Severability. Subject to section 12.5, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
12.8. Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement or your relationship with WF.
12.9. Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if WF makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) of which you had already provided notice to WF.
- General Provisions.
13.1. Electronic Communications. The communications between you and WF use electronic means, whether you visit the Services or send WF e-mails, or whether WF posts notices on the Services or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from WF in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications and documents that WF provides to you electronically will have the same legal effect that such communications or documents would have if they were set forth in “writing.” The foregoing sentence does not affect your statutory rights.
13.2. Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without WF’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
13.3. Force Majeure. WF shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor, or materials.
13.4. Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Services, please contact our customer service department using the contact information available on the Services. We will do our best to address your concerns.
13.5. Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and WF agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state courts in [WHERE IS WE FIX LOCATED]
13.6. Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF [WHERE IS WE FIX LOCATED – NEW YORK?], CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW OR OTHER PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
13.7. Notice. Where WF requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing WF with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to WF is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by this Agreement, WF’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to WF at the following address: 1-37 12th Street Brooklyn,N.Y. 11215 Such notice shall be deemed given when received by WF by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
13.8. Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
13.9. Severability. Subject to Section 12.5, if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
13.10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
13.11. If the customer decides wefix should get the parts there will be a 20% charge above the parts cost.
13.12. If the customer decides to cancel within the contract (yearly contracts) wefix has the right to charge the customer $450.00 cancellation fee.
Terms and Conditions last updated on 3.7.18